In the QOB Yahoo group, we’ve been having a “Messiest Quilt Room” contest. I haven’t posted MY photos yet, but I’m sure they will contend with the “best of the mess” when I do! I know there are other messy quilt room/sewing areas out there! If yours is one of them, you need to enter our newest giveaway and get inspired!
From The InterWeave Store comes a magazine that will not only inspire you, but give you a peek into the studios of some very fine quilters and fabric artists.
This is a 98 page magazine from InterWeave Press (publishers of the great Cloth Paper Scissors magazine) that is packed with ideas. It includes articles titled “Our Best 15 Spring Cleaning Tips”, “25 Inspiring Studios” and “Clutter Out – Creativity In”. There are also several do-able projects, such as making a memo holder out of an old metal dustpan or how to use a clothesline to hang your favorite creative inspiration pieces.
What I’ve enjoyed most in this magazine is looking at the many photos of studios of creative artists. Whether the studio is a separate wing to a house or a tiny cubby in the corner of the dining room, they will give you many storage and organizational ideas. Not every “big name” crafter and quilter has custom made cabinets! See for yourself! They store their pencils in coffee cans just like you do!
HOW TO ENTER
1. Leave a comment to this post and describe biggest hurdle in keeping your quilt room/sewing area organized – OR – what storage solution do you need to come up with? Be sure your email address is available in your comment! You must complete this requirement to enter the GiveAway.
2. For a second entry in this contest, post about this giveaway on your blog with a link to this post. Leave a separate comment with your blog address.
3. For a third entry into this giveaway, go to the InterWeave Store web site and view the Quilting books. Which book(s) would you most like to own?
- All entries must be submitted by midnight, April 24, 2009.
- All Entries must include a way to contact you via email.
- The winner will be selected by random on April 25, 2009, and notified by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email with their mailing address.
- This GiveAway is for U.S. residents only. (I’m SO sorry – but shipping internationally is just too expensive!)
WHEN IS THE NEXT GIVE AWAY?
That’s right – I said it. There’s another give away in the works. And you are going to want to come back often and check for this one. It will be announced sometime in the last week of April. The best way to remember this is join our Subscriber Club – errrr, I mean Subscriber List or become a follower. What? Did I just give away a clue??