Saturday, March 28, 2009

Steals and Deals - 03/28/09

bearpaw

Bear Paw Quilt Co. is having a fantastic sale on top quality quilting fabric – at $3.99 a yard! Head on over to their web site where you will find 17 pages of fabric – from novelty to tone-on-tone, solids to plaids, from unique to traditional. Something for everyone in this sale!

Suzanne’s Quilts also has a wide variety of quilting fabric on sale for $5.00 per yard. If you simply want to build up some stash, why not try out her “Mystery Pack” – 3 yards of First quality quilting fabrics at the bargain price of $12.00. Hoffman, RJR, South Seas, Hi Fashion, Chanteclaire, Moda, P& B and more of your favorite fabric manufacturer. Cuts are in 1/4 yard to 1 yard pieces. GREAT for building a scrap quilt collection! Go to the main web site, then click on the cute little piggy bank in the upper right hand corner, then click on “click here” under the Clearance Section.

I discovered another new way of presenting clearance fabrics at Quilted Treasures. They offer “theme bundles” made up of five 1-yard cuts. They start with the theme fabric you select from those offered and chose 4 coordinating fabrics for you – for $25.00. That's a bargain at $5 per yard!

While you’re at Quilted Treasures, check out this free FAST table runner pattern – one round of strip piecing, one round of cutting, one round of sewing and zip zap pow! you have a table runner done. Use some pretty Spring or Easter themed fabrics and you’ll brighten up any room in your house!

Wow wow wow! Fabric for as low as $2.98 a yard and another 10% off on top of that?! Be Sew Happy Quilt Shop is offering just that! Sign up for their newsletter (top right hand corner of their home page), then click on the ON SALE section (you’ll see it in the left-hand column), choose from a large variety (20 pages!) of clearance fabrics, then use the code “10Off” in the promotion code box at the check out.  Wooo hoooo! I see some monkey fabric I need to add to my collection!

A word about how I choose what shops and sales to put in the Steals & Deals column of this blog. First, I subscribe to more than 250 newsletters and try and read every one as they come in, looking for sales announcements. Next, I look for fabric on sale for $5.00 per yard or less, and combine that for checking out the sales for those sites that offer a large selection of fabrics – not just one or two fabrics at the sales price, and all others at the $8 to $12 per yard range. These online quilt shops do not know they will be announced on this blog, nor do they pay for any publicity for same. It’s just me – out there looking for the best deals for all of us!

3 comments:

Kaye said...

All your research and hard work is greatly appreciated. In the economy today we need to be able to make choices on what we buy and what we can afford. I have downloaded the runner pattern and am so excited that I found collegiate material. I am making a memory t-shirt quilt for my Grandson. He is going to VA Tech, and I found the VA Tech material for the borders and backing. Thanks again for recommending the sites

Christine Staver said...

Your new blog is great...I am checking out your deals every day. I am having no issues with your blog freezing on me. This one really has me baffled.

Grammy said...

I think I am going to learn to quilt this year. I have always loved quilts.