Valentine’s Day is approaching, and it’s a holiday that lends itself to the art of quilting. Whether creating a fabric postcard or a heart-themed wall hanging, nothing says “I Love You” more than a quilted creation by you.
Here are some Valentine’s Day themed quilt blocks from around the ‘net:
- Paper-pieced stain glass heart block
- Pieced traditional heart block
- Heart Log Cabin Wall Hanging 27 inch square
- Things from the Heart quilt block (Block photo at top of page, from AZPatch.com)
- Make a Heart Block Wall hanging
- You Broke My Country Heart – paper piecing
- Spinning Hearts – Fusible applique suitable for beginner
- Heart Quilt Block – Strip piecing
- Pieced Hearts Placemats and Matching Napkins
Download this Heart Template to use in so many ways!
And, of course, ANY quilt block will be suitable if you dive into your stash and pull out those Valentine fabrics you have tucked away! Valentine’s Day can be a good excuse to do some stash-busting! Here are some sewing-related projects for Valentine’s Day:
6 1/2 inch heart-shaped “pillow” – stuff with some lavender - So sweet!
Valentine Ideas from Blog Land
- Freda’s Hive – Valentine Flag / Banner
- Make a Valentine A-Door-Able and fill it with love notes and sweet treats – from LazyGirl Designs’ blog.
- From The Long Thread – Soup Can Sleeve w/tutorial
- From The Purl Bee – Fabric window valentine cards